Monday, December 15, 2014

I Am Free

"I Am Free" is an original, one of a kind, mixed media collage that I made by layering a 4" X 12" canvas with strips of scrapbook paper, modeling paste and mod podge for texture.  This is a collage made using Tim Holtz Layering Stencils, a stencil from Retro Cafe Art, vintage ephemera and vibrant oranges, reds, yellows and greens.  

After layering the canvas with vintage papers and adding texture using modeling paste and the Tim Holtz Numbers stencil, I went to my stash of whimsical Retro Cafe Art stencils.  Where else can you find such a cool set of versatile and fun stencils??  I've used the dinosaur stencils in the past (again, too cool) but this background called for something more groovy...and so, I introduce you to 'Boogie'.  She is Free to dance the night away...and you know what....I might just join her!!  

Thanks so much for visiting!! xoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment