Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dare to be Yourself

"Dare to be Yourself" is an original, one of a kind mixed media collage that I made by layering a 4" X 12" canvas with strips of scrapbook paper, modeling paste and mod podge for texture.  This is a collage made using Tim Holtz Layering Stencils, Stampotique Stamps, vintage ephemera and vibrant blues, oranges an purples. 

Earlier in the day and while I was cleaning up my studio, I had been choosing random stamps to stamp on plain paper.  These two were in my random selection and they happen to be the catalyst for my projects.  Yippee!!...Aren't Minkeygirl and Gibi the absolute coolest??  I used shimmery Smooch ink to highlight the girls here and there, such as Gibi's rocking pocketbook or Minkeygirl's heart.  I love these stamps!  

What better message for these girls to spread but to Dare to be Yourself?  Many of us need a little reminder now and then to be true to ourselves.  Thanks so much for visiting!! xoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment