Sunday, November 2, 2014

Loved Her Right Back

"Loved Her Right Back" is an original, one of a kind mixed media collage that I made by layering a 10" X 10" wide edge canvas with scrapbook paper and blue, red and yellow acrylic paints. I used a bit of cardboard, a bit of fabric, and a metal pin along with some modeling paste for texture and variation. Then I add more layers and visual interest with ink, stamps, rub ons.  It's just the right size to fill a nook on your wall or site on your table with a family photo.   

I'm really pleased with how this collage turned out.  I wanted to create something out of an every day item and the nearby cardboard box was just perfect!  I balanced the weight of the cardboard with the shimmery softness of a lime green fabric bow.  I fastened the bow to the hear with a decorative metal pin.  

I truly believe we need to love ourselves first and I will pass this message on in every collage so that you can share in this positive vibe!  Thanks so much for visiting!! xoxoxoxoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment