Sunday, November 9, 2014

She is Brave

"She is Brave" is an original, one of a kind mixed media collage that I made by layering a 4" X 12" canvas with strips of scrapbook paper, modeling paste and mod podge for texture. This is a collage made using Tim Holtz Stencils, a Dylusions Stamp, vintage ephemera and vibrant purples, yellows and blues.    

I went into the studio with a blank canvas (pun...intended?...lol) and I started layering scraps of paper I had collected with no specific plan in mind.  What a great experience!!  The next piece that came to mind for me was the Tim Holtz layering stencil Numbered because I love numbers - and I happen to have this fabulous stencil nearby, cool, right!?!  From there I wanted to stay light in my focus and let the layers build themselves.  And to finish this collage, I chose Dependable Dotty from Dylusions colored with shimmery Smooch ink.  

She Shines, She Dreams, She Creates, She is Brave and she wants to share her positive message with you! Thanks so much for visiting!! xoxoxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment