Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sew Buttons

I made "Sew Buttons" for my mother this past Christmas.  I started with Tim Holtz Kraft paper, a vintage piece of metal (that was clearly meant to be a dress) and a chipboard dress form.  The collage grew to include fabulous flower heads, vintage buttons, dress pattern paper, german glass glitter and miscellaneous scrap bits.  I'd had a lot of these items stored in my vintage drawer or taunting me from my bulletin board for quite some time.  It felt fabulous to create a new collage with pieces that I'd collected over the years in various places at different points in time.  The bright frame completed the look of this eclictic 8 X 10 collage which was made entirely from my head and my heart! 

I'm often so excited when I finish a collage that I can't wait to take a picture and show my friends...hence the pink surface protector sheet as a back-drop...lol... 

No comments:

Post a Comment