Monday, May 5, 2014

Most Excellent Decision!

Volunteering at CKC Manchester this past weekend turned out to be a most excellent decision.  It was really nice to be surrounded by people with similar interests.  I found that if I asked a question, 30 of my neighbors could easily answer me and provide additional suggestions.  Faber-Castell Gelato's or Pitt Pens were a very popular topic (and are really fun to use)!! 

On Friday, I signed up to be a teacher's assistant from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm.  As it turns out, the convention was short on TAs and I arrived early so I was put to work straight away.  I was so busy crossing off names and handing out kits, that I didn't notice when two of my high school classmates entered the class - can you stand it!  I traveled 90 minutes away from home to bump into folks I went to school with who had similar interests.  Thankfully they were paying attention to me!  They introducted me to their friends and invited me to join them for dinner Friday night.  I had a wonderful time and I look forward to getting together with them very soon. 

On Saturday, I signed up at the door-prize give away slot from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.  Every 30 minutes, I selected 3 new door-prize winners and wrote the names on the whiteboard.  The door-prize was a voucher for a free gift from one of the many vendors on the floor.  I became a very popular person!  One of the winners was also named Danene but her name was spelt differently.  When she arrived to claim her voucher, I showed her my name tag.  Nevermind meeting another Danene, but both of our names came from an Irish Soap commercial from the late 60's.  I was more excited over our names but, I know she was much more interested in claiming her door-prize voucher -- and who could blame her!  

I had a most excellent time and I plan to head back next year.  Instead of volunteering, I'm going to look into teaching a mixed-media collage on canvas class.  I use a lot of the same papers, empherma, stencils, stamps and inks in my collages so my class wouldn't be too far of a reach for a scrapbooker who is considering crossing over to canvas.  So maybe I'll see you there next year!  - thanks for visiting! xoxoxoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment