Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer!

I've been so busy this summer!  The warm weather and long days don't last in New England so I've been taking advantage of the outdoors.  And now it's nearly August!!

I have two new collages that I made using Dylusions stamps and stencils by Dyan Reaveley and Ranger.  If you haven't heard of Dylusions or had a chance to check out her product line, please take a look.  I love, love, love working with her collection.  Not only are they begging to be filled in with bright, vibrant colors but the collection is easily interchangable.  A lot of her products are made for journaling and her line includes a gorgeous line of Dylusions Ink Sprays that blend beautifully on canvas, paper, etc. (Check out the Dylusions Journals as well - wonderful paper!)  Dyan's style is a great deal of fun and I'm so thankful Ranger produced her stamps and ink sprays and stencils and journals!!  

I think Dylusions are made for sharing becasue they're just too cool so I released them from their journal! "Beautiful" and "Embrace" are original one of a kind mixed media collages that I made by layering 8" X 10" canvas with paper and modeling paste for texture.  Then I add more layers and visual interest with acrylic paint, ink, stamps, rub ons and embellishments.  The Dylusions are stamped on vintage papers and colored with Smooch by Clearsnap.  Smooch comes in 32 pearlized colors and adds a jazzy accent! 

I believe in sending positive thoughts out to the world so you'll find that my canvases often have positive phrases hidden here and there.  It's even better when really cool artsy stores like Red Lead Rubber Stamps & Paper Arts feel the exact same and create positive, cool stencils.  'Embrace the special moments in your life' and 'she is Joyful' came from Red Lead.  Check out their fabulous site as well!!  Thanks for visiting!....xoxoxoxoxo....

"Beautiful" by Danene Elise Designs


 
"Embrace" by Danene Elise Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment