Monday, June 23, 2014

Springtime Awakening

Claudine Hellmuth is teaching her fabulous Composition Class at Big Picture Classes and the assignment for week one is to complete an asymmetrical collage.  I started "Springtime Awakening" five or so years ago with the turquoise painterly background, the music paper and her image. I loved how she looked against the turquoise, but I just wasn't sure what to do next. 

Once I'd reviewed the class materials, I thought back to this piece I'd started so long ago and decided that this was the ideal time to finish her.  I immediately thought of a really cool butterfly stencil called 'Flutter' that I got from Retro Cafe Art, and I also knew I wanted to add red.  Next, I used yellow to bring the attention back to her face and hat.  I'm so excited to say that I received a passing 'Asymmetrical' grade!  This is Claudine's feedback: "I love the way the butterflies lead the eye into the piece and bring us to the focal point! this is a wonderful asymmetrical!" 

A very exciting moment for me indeed!  Thanks so much for visiting...xoxoxoxo.....









No comments:

Post a Comment