Friday, April 25, 2014

The Beginning


This adventure began 10 years ago when I fell in love with scrapbooking.  I found this amazing world where my love for paper and stickers and stamps blossomed.  Scrapbooking paper has beautiful swirls of color and endless design possibilities.  I spent many joyful hours compiling scrapbook albums, learning new techniques and investing in new products.  While I loved the scrapbooking options, I needed something more. 
 
I also have an love for junking or collecting old items for reuse, such as a typewritten or handwritten letter from the 1940's or a piece of music paper combined with an old photograph or postcard.  Before long I found myself taking a mixed media collage beeswax class taught by Claudine Hellmuth.  I love how the beeswax makes the paper transparent and adds warmth. 
 
Here are my first couple beeswax collages:  
 


 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment